Monday, January 18, 2010

GEORGE SMALLWOOD - JUST 4 YOU

GEORGE SMALLWOOD's sole LP, "Just 4 You" was recently re-released by Jazzman Records (UK). I just got the CD in the mail, it sounds great. I was happy with how they handled the liner notes and the track order, good job laddies. I helped them out a little by ripping about 6 songs from 7" singles I received from Smallwood back in the day (officially kept for George in light of emergency situations like this!).

SNEAK PREVIEW OF "JUST 4 YOU" ON FRYER'S PAGE

The Washington City Paper has formally acknowledged George as well in the form of this article which I also contributed to CITY PAPER INTERVIEW WITH SMALLWOOD. Word on the street or shall I say "rumour has it" that this interview is scheduled to appear in a future Wax Poetics as well. Kudos George.

No comments:

Post a Comment